Team coaching is about finding approaches and solutions that strengthen collaboration and performance. Team coaching can be for newly established teams, existing teams that are stuck, or teams that need inspiration and renewed shared focus
Team coaching contributes to
What is team coaching?
Team coaching is a developmental process taking its outset in the team’s concrete challenges and needs. Team coaching is an effective way to strengthening collaboration and the results the team are creating together. It could be in an executive team, a team of middle managers, or a project team.
Team coaching is appropriate when you need to
- Decide or re-negotiate common goals and focus in the team
- Identify and initiate necessary changes
- Strengthen collaboration and understanding within the team and towards external stakeholders
- Find balance between operations and development
- Discuss difficult topics
- Strengthen learning, synergy and growth in the team and the organisation
“Not finance. Not strategy. Not technology. It is teamwork that remains the ultimate competitive advantage, both because it is so powerful and so rare.”
Why team coaching?
A team does not become a team because we call it a team. It requires effort and a focused process to become an effective team. A real team has shared goals, and need each others competencies to reach those goals. It requires a a focused effort to become an effective team.
All organisations and teams are affected by multiple challenges and unexpected events, which arise in and around an organisation, and it is more important than ever to be able to navigate collaboratively and solve problems in complex contexts. Teamcoaching creates a room where the team can discuss challenges, investigate various perspectives and choose the necessary stems that will lead them towards their goal.
A team coaching process can help your team to
- Become more aware of its purpose and common goals
- Strengthen collaboration in the team and across teams and departments
- Strengthen relations in the team and towards stakeholders
- Improve results
- Talking openly – also about difficult topics
- Navigate collaboratively in change and complexity
How is team coaching conducted?
A team coaching process will be tailored to the concrete needs and context.
The length of the process will vary depending on the needs. Team coaching can take place online or face-to-face. The process will typically consist of these phases:
- Initial meeting(s), clarifying the purpose, contracting
- Coaching with a systemic approach, focussing on the task and the people involved, in the team and outside the team
– with dialogue, reflection, learning, implementing, feedback
- Evaluation of the process